Adé Maskne - How to combat impure skin caused by wearing face masks
Since April it has been our companion when shopping, on the train, in the evening in a restaurant or even at work - the mask. To protect ourselves and others, we wear mouth and nose protection several times a day. This is also noticeable on our skin. What can you do about redness and irritation, dry skin or even pimples, now also known as maskne? We asked our experts.
What is Maskne?
Maskne (mask acne) is a mechanical form of acne. This form of acne was of course already known before the time of Corona. In many jobs, such as doctors or nurses, wearing a mask has long been part of everyday life.
How does maskne occur?
- When wearing the mask, friction occurs, which can lead to micro-injuries on the facial skin and irritated skin. Bacteria can collect in the small cracks. This can cause inflammation as well as pimples and blackheads
- After just a short time of wearing, bacteria, germs or dirt collect in the mask. The moist atmosphere under the mask also forms the perfect breeding ground for bacteria to multiply. By wearing the mask, we bring it directly onto the sensitive skin of the face
- Skin that is already prone to dryness can dry out even further, causing irritation and irritation
Tips and Maskne Essentials:
1. Give your skin a break. Our Collagen Face Mask soothes the skin and provides it with intensive moisture
3. Resveratrol Concentrate can reduce redness and irritation to soothe the skin
4. If possible, choose a mask with as high a cotton content as possible. The cotton allows your skin to breathe
5. Wash your mask regularly and in hot water. This will kill all bacteria. Ideally, you have multiple masks so you can switch when one mask is washed